October 11, 2010

Seven Things I'm Thankful For


1. The first man who put on a pair of jeans with a blazer and said "You know what? I'm going with this tonight."

2. The phrase "Check yourself before you wreck yourself," for giving me something to say when the salesperson tells me to stop smelling the mannequins.

3. That one ethnicity I really can't stand (you know who you are), for allowing me to blame all my problems on you.

4. SLR cameras, because without you boring people would have nothing to hang around their necks at the farmers' market.

5. My cuddle party group, for being so understanding about all the erections and crying.

6. Vodka sodas, for giving me the smooth, clean drunk I need to run Little League practice.

7. The 1988 film "Working Girl," for giving me strength when I thought I had none.

No comments:

Post a Comment